Peer Integration Into Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and Other Jail-Based Treatment Programs
PRSS are increasingly offered across diverse criminal justice settings.
- Describes MAT and other jail-based treatment programs and how they integrate peer specialists.
- Identifies changes to organizational practices and procedures necessary for the successful integration of peer work.
- Discusses training for peer specialists and departmental staff to prepare for peer services.
- Explores important stakeholder partnerships.
- Describes outcomes of programs to date.
- Janet Fleege, Assistant Program Administrator, Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division
- Alisha Nelson, Administrative Coordinator/Project Director, Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division, Community Access to Recovery Services Division (CARS)
- Annie Ramniceanu, LCMHC, LADC, Executive Director of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Vermont Department of Corrections
To view a PDF version of the slide deck that was used during this presentation, click here.